|Bars & Pubs|
|Pilates & Yoga+|
|Wine & Liquor Stores|
|Museums and Culture|
|Real Estate Agencies|
|Clothing for men|
|Lingerie & Swimwear|
|Malls & Shopping Centers|
|Shoes & Handbags+|
|Sporting Goods Stores|
|Colleges & Universities|
Bilheteria: A bilheteria funciona de terça a domingo a partir das 15h. • Nos dias em que não houver espetáculos até às 19h. • Nos dias de espetáculos até o início do mesmo. • Não fazemos reservas. • Não aceitamos cheques nem cartões de crédito. • Aos sábados e domingos, no período entre 16h30min e 17h15min, a venda de ingressos é exclusiva do espetáculo infantil
The Circle in the Square Theatre is a legitimate Broadway theatre located at 235 West 50th Street in midtown Manhattan.
Designed by architect Alan Sayles, it is one of two theatres occupying the underground levels of Paramount Plaza, which was constructed as the Uris Building on the site of the famed Capitol Theater movie house. It originally served as the uptown home to the Circle-in-the-Square repertory company founded by Theodore Mann and Jose Quintero in 1961 in Greenwich Village. The first production, a revival of Mourning Becomes Electra, opened on November 15, 1972.
The rather small auditorium has a seating capacity of 650. It is one of only two Broadway houses with a thrust stage (the other is Lincoln Center's Vivian Beaumont Theatre).
The building also houses the Circle in the Square Theatre School, the only accredited training conservatory associated with a Broadway theatre, which offers a two-year training program in acting. Source
The Ambassador Theatre is a legitimate Broadway theatre located at 219 West 49th Street in midtown-Manhattan.
Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp for the Shuberts, the structure is unusual in that it is situated diagonally on its site to fit the maximum number of seats possible. Its external appearance, indistinguishable from many other Broadway houses, does not hint at the strange layout within. The building has been designated a New York City landmark.
The theatre opened on February 11, 1921 with the musical The Rose Girl. The Shuberts sold the property in 1935, and for the next two decades it was used as a movie theater and television studio for NBC and the DuMont Television Network. In 1956 the Shuberts assumed ownership again and returned it to strictly legitimate use. Source
Um palacete em estilo Luis XVI que nasceu de uma historia de amor entre Demócrito e Maria José - Jovens filhos de importantes famílias de comerciantes do Rio de Janeiro no início do século passado. Apaixonado, Demócrito decidiu construir uma casa para presentear a sua tão amada esposa.
Depois de um ano e meio de restauração, a casa está aberta ao público com muita elegância e requinte. Mas é bom ressaltar que muito pouco foi modificado do original. O primeiro nome, Julieta, é uma homenagem de Serpa a sua falecida mãe. Mais que um centro para a promoção da cultura, a Casa se propõe também a promover cursos, palestras, leilões, vernissages e até os antigos saraus musicais entram na programação, com o objetivo de reunir as diversas gerações em torno da boa música. Além da extensa programação, a Casa de Cultura Julieta e Serpa oferece suas instalações para almoços e jantares empresariais, casamentos, festas, lançamentos de livros e convenções. Fonte
Dia 3, 4, 5 e 7 às 20h Dia 8 às 17h. Programa: BALLET O QUEBRA-NOZES. Música: Tchaikovsky Concepção, Coreografia e Mise-en-Scène: Dalal Achcar Solistas: Ana Botafogo, Cecília Kerche, Claudia Mota, Márcia Jaqueline, Karen Mesquita. Francisco Timbó, Cícero Gomes, Filipe Moreira, Denis Vieira. Cenários e Figurinos: José Varona Regência: Silvio Viegas,
Um dos mais bonitos prédios do Rio de Janeiro, localizado na Praça Floriano, conhecida como Cinelândia, no centro da cidade, o Theatro Municipal é a principal casa de espetáculos do Brasil e uma das mais importantes da América do Sul. Desde a sua inauguração, em 14 de julho de 1909, o Theatro tem recebido os maiores artistas internacionais, assim como os principais nomes da dança, música e da ópera brasileiras.
O Centro Cultural do Banco do Brasil (CCBB) do Rio de Janeiro é um dos quatro CCBBs do país, que também existem nas capitais Brasília, São Paulo e Belo Horizonte. Os Centros são espaços multidisciplinares com programação regular (seis dias por semana), nas áreas de artes cênicas, cinema, exposição, ideias (palestras, debates, seminários etc), música e programa educativo. O CCBB oferece ao público uma programação cultural que é referência no Rio de Janeiro e no Brasil. Com projetos nas mais diversas áreas, o Centro tem um volume de freqüentadores comparável ao de outras grandes instituições culturais do mundo.
Nos vários campos da arte, a programação procura oferecer obras que vão do clássico ao experimental, do erudito ao popular, dos grandes mestres aos talentos iniciantes. Esses critérios de seleção permitem ao CCBB alcançar freqüentadores com os mais abrangentes níveis de interesse. Instalado no número 66 da Rua Primeiro de Março, o Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil é uma das jóias arquitetônicas da Cidade. Seus espaços, organizados e adornados com elementos neoclássicos, abrigam três teatros, sala de cinema, sala de vídeo, cinco salas de exposições, biblioteca com 140 mil títulos, museu e arquivo histórico, videoteca e salão para conferências e palestras. O freqüentador dispõe ainda de restaurante, casa de chá, bombonière e loja de produtos culturais.
Sua última proprietária, pretendia transformar sua casa num centro dinâmico da cultura contemporâneo. O imóvel foi doado ao Governo do Estado que nela desenvolveu, desde a sua inauguração, uma programação cujo objetivo era a integração do fazer artístico e do lazer cultural.
O Teatro Dulcina faz parte da história teatral do Rio de Janeiro e é uma referência obrigatória para a análise do processo de modernização da cena carioca no século XX. Até 1952, o Dulcina era conhecido pelo nome de Teatro Regina (1935 a 1952) - uma iniciativa do Sr. Vivaldi Leite Ribeiro, responsável também pela construção do Edifício Regina - prédio de 17 andares na Rua Alcindo Guanabara, na Cinelândia.
A São Paulo das três primeiras décadas do Século XX estava em plena transformação, conduzida pela pujante economia cafeeira e pela industrialização. Novos comportamentos, diferentes hábitos, outras influências culturais e políticas geravam os componentes que fariam da capital paulista uma referência social para o País e seu grande centro econômico. A cena cultural de São Paulo tornava-se mais rica, apesar de o Brasil sofrer as conseqüências da guerra na qual a Europa estava mergulhada e ainda que a própria cidade vivesse um período tumultuado em função das freqüentes greves de trabalhadores, então em fase de organização.
The Belasco Theatre is a legitmate Broadway theatre located at 111 West 44th Street in midtown-Manhattan.
Designed by architect George Keister for impresario David Belasco, the interior featured Tiffany lighting and ceiling panels, rich woodwork and expansive murals, and a ten-room duplex penthouse apartment that Belasco utilized as combination living quarters/office space.
Technically it was outfitted with the most advanced stagecraft tools available, including extensive lighting rigs, a hydraulics system, and vast wing and fly space.
It opened as the Stuyvesant Theatre on October 16, 1907 with the musical A Grand Army Man with Antoinette Perry. Three years later Belasco attached his own name to the venue. After his death in 1931, it was leased first by actress Katharine Cornell and then playwright Elmer Rice. The Shuberts bought it in 1949 and leased it to NBC for three years before returning it to legitimate use.
This theater is the subject of an urban legend that David Belasco's ghost haunts the theater every night. Some performers in the shows that played there have even claimed to have spotted him or other ghosts during performances. Source
The Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre is a legitimate Broadway theatre located at 236 West 45th Street in midtown-Manhattan.
Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp to resemble the neighboring Shubert and Booth theaters designed by Henry B. Herts, the building was constructed by the Shubert brothers in 1917-1918, christened the Plymouth Theatre, and leased to producer Arthur Hopkins. He intended it to be a venue for legitimate plays starring notable actors like John and Lionel Barrymore. The premiere production was A Successful Calamity, a comedy with William Gillette and Estelle Winwood.
After Hopkins died in 1948, control of the theater returned to the Shuberts, who still own the property, which was designated a New York City landmark in 1987. The 1,080-seat house was renamed for Gerald Schoenfeld, chairman of the Shubert Organization, in 2005. Source
The George Gershwin Theatre is a legitimate Broadway theatre located at 222 West 51st Street in midtown-Manhattan.
Designed in an Art Nouveau style by set designer Ralph Alswang, it is situated on the lower levels of a towering office complex built on the side of the historical Capitol Theatre. It opened as the Uris Theatre on November 28, 1972 with the musical Via Galactica starring Raul Julia. It proved to be an inauspicious start for the venue, closing after only seven performances. From 1974-76 it served as a concert hall for limited engagements by a number of legendary pop music and jazz performers.
It was the first theatre constructed in New York City since 1928. With a seating capacity of 1933, it presently is the largest theatre on Broadway, with the exception of the New York State Theatre at Lincoln Center and New York City Center.
A Theatre Hall of Fame located in the lobby is a popular gathering place for audience members pre-show and during intermission. Source
Home to two of Manhattan’s most unique event spaces. The Hammerstein and The Grand offer an elegant setting for events of all kinds. With in-house recording studios, television studios and video post production facilities, the Manhattan Center has what it takes to make your next event a complete multimedia experience.
Located at 311 West 34th Street, the historic Manhattan Center building still stands over 100 years after it was first built as the Manhattan Opera House by Oscar Hammerstein I in 1906. Hammerstein built the opera house with the bold intention to take on the established Metropolitan Opera by featuring cheaper seats for the ordinary New Yorker. The Manhattan Opera house quickly became an alternative venue for many great operas and celebrated singers to make their debut.
Kodak Theatre is the crown jewel of the Hollywood & Highland Center retail, dining and entertainment complex located in the heart of historic Hollywood. The 3,332 seat theatre opened in November 2001 and soon thereafter became known to more than one billion people across the globe as the first permanent home of the Academy Awards®.
Built at a cost of $94 million, Kodak Theatre was designed by the internationally-renowned Rockwell Group to be as glamorous as its onstage artists and celebrity guests, yet capable of serving the enormous technical needs of a live worldwide television broadcast on Oscar® night. The naming of Kodak Theatre, in a 20-year marketing partnership with Eastman Kodak Co., was one of the most significant non-sports corporate sponsorships in history. Kodak’s prominence and long-standing connection to the film industry in Hollywood made the relationship a natural. In fact, for the 78th consecutive year, ever since the inception of the Academy Awards, Best Picture was produced on Kodak film.
"Our passion can be felt in two unique venues of live performance. From Barter Theatre, able to accommodate 507 patrons, to the more intimate Barter Stage II with 167 seats around a thrust stage...where the action is up-close and personal. Set inside a historical building across the street from Barter Theatre, Barter Stage II is a great place to enjoy a Barter production. Also, located in the lobby at Barter Stage II is The Caf?. You can stop in for lunch or dinner any day, and enjoy delicious specialty sandwiches, desserts, coffees and more! The Player Company, the youth stage of the Barter, produces plays for teachers and students."
The Longacre Theatre is a Broadway theatre located at 220 West 48th Street in midtown Manhattan.
Designed by architect Henry B. Herts, it was named for Longacre Square, the original name for Times Square. The French neo-classical building was constructed by impresario Harry Frazee, better remembered as the owner of the Boston Red Sox who, needing money for his theatrical ventures, sold Babe Ruth's contract to the New York Yankees. A curse allegedly lingers on the theater as a result, and superstitious producers avoid it for fear they'll be backing a flop, as noted by William Golden in his seminal book The Season. Despite the rumor, a large number of performers who have appeared on stage here have taken home a Tony Award for their efforts.
The Longacre's first show was a production of the William Hurlbut-Frances Whitehouse comedy Are You a Crook?, which opened on May 1, 1913. With the exception of its use as a television studio in the mid-1940s to early 1950s, the theatre has operated as a legitimate Broadway venue. Source
The Heiress is the story of Catherine Sloper, the shy and sheltered daughter of a prominent New Yorker. Caught between the demands of an emotionally distant father and the attentions of a passionate young suitor, Catherine must navigate the terrain of love and regret, desire and duty, a chance for happiness and the burden of fortune…as only an heiress can.
The timeless New York story of society, status and the true cost of love. Jessica Chastain (Academy Award® nominee for The Help) makes her Broadway debut alongside David Strathairn (Academy Award® nominee for Good Night, and Good Luck), Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley on Downton Abbey) and Judith Ivey (two-time Tony Award® winner), in the Tony Award®-winning play, The Heiress. Written by Ruth and Augustus Goetz and directed by Tony Award® nominated playwright and director Moisés Kaufman, this compelling drama will run for an 18-week limited engagement.
The Shubert Theatre is a legitimate Broadway theatre located at 225 West 44th Street in midtown-Manhattan, New York, United States.
Designed by architect Henry B. Herts, it was named after Sam S. Shubert, the oldest of the three brothers of the theatrical producing family. It shares a Venetian Renaissance facade with the adjoining Booth Theatre, which was constructed at the same time, although the two have distinctly different interiors. It opened on October 21, 1913 with a series of Shakespearean plays, including Othello, Hamlet, and The Merchant of Venice, staged by the Forbes-Robertson Repertory Company.
The theatre's most famous and longest tenant was A Chorus Line, with a run of 6137 performances lasting nearly fifteen years.
The top floor of the building houses the offices of the Shubert Organization. The theatre's auditorium and murals were restored in 1996. It has been designated a New York City landmark. Source
A a volunteer-based community theatre whose mission is to create opportunities for community participation in theatre arts. This mission mandates inclusion and the development of diversity in the Company's artistic, volunteer, audience and donor bases. This goal is achieved through presenting plays and programs of noted artistic excellence, supporting volunteers and students with exceptional training opportunities, and allowing for the development of unique and/or original performance projects and events by Florida artists.
Projetado e construído sob a supervisão de vários consultores estrangeiros, o Teatro Alfa ergueu-se como uma casa de espetáculos que respeita os mais rigorosos padrões técnicos internacionais. Inaugurado em abril de 1998, o Teatro Alfa é uma realidade que chegou para revolucionar o universo das artes, não só em São Paulo, mas em todo Brasil.
O Teatro Alfa acolhe com perfeição espetáculos de dança, óperas, orquestras, música popular, teatro e musicais, além de dispor de ótima infraestrutura para realização de congressos e seminários. O teatro foi projetado e construído para múltiplo uso e equipado com o que há de mais moderno em mecânica cênica, iluminação e sonorização. Atendendo a rigorosos padrões internacionais e conduzido por uma equipe de alto gabarito, conquistou posição de destaque junto aos melhores teatros do mundo, segundo a avaliação de artistas, produtores, companhias e do público.
A permanent home has long been a dream for the Roundabout Theatre Company. Since its establishment in 1965, Roundabout had moved from location to location, always searching for the next stop in what seemed to be a never-ending journey for permanency. From West 26th Street to West 23rd Street, from East 17th Street at Union Square then on to the Criterion Center, Roundabout seemed destined to live up to its name far too literally. All that changed in 1997, when The New 42nd Street Development project, backed by the City and State of New York, offered the historic Selwyn Theatre to Roundabout.
Playwing this winter 2013: Mamma Mia! The world-wide smash Mamma Mia! is a heartwarming and funny new musical. On the eve of a wedding, a mother and daughter are suprised by the arrival of three men, one of whom may be the girl's father. You don't have to be a fan of the supergroup ABBA, who provided the 23 hit songs for Mamma Mia! to fall in love with this unforgettable new show, that will have you dancing in the aisles!
The Winter Garden Theatre is a Broadway theatre located at 1634 Broadway in midtown-Manhattan. Architect William Albert Swasey converted the former American Horse Exchange into a theatre for the Shuberts when they acquired the property. The fourth New York City venue to be christened the Winter Garden, it opened on March 10, 1911 with the early Jerome Kern musical La Belle Paree.
It was completely remodeled in 1922 by Herbert J. Krapp. The large stage is wider than those in most Broadway houses, and the proscenium arch is relatively low. The building is situated uniquely on its lot, with the main entrance and marquee, located on Broadway, connected to the 1530-seat Seventh Avenue auditorium via a long hallway, and the rear wall of the stage abutting 50th Street. Source
Yesterday…A place where thousands of young artists have stepped out into the spotlight and launched their careers. A place "where stars are born and legends are made." The legendary Apollo Theater is so much more than an historic landmark - it is a source of pride and a symbol of the brilliance of American artistic achievement. From 1934 when the Apollo first introduced its world-famous Amateur Night which launched the careers of legendary artists like Ella Fitzgerald, James Brown, Michael Jackson, D'Angelo and Lauryn Hill, the Apollo has maintained its position as the nation's most popular arena for emerging and established black and Latino performers.
O Teatro Poeira, de propriedade das atrizes Marieta Severo e Andréa Beltrão, pretende ocupar no pequeno e aconchegante espaço, não só preencher a lacuna deixada, desde o fechamento no início dos anos 70, do saudoso Poeira de Ipanema, mas, cumprir seu destino de abrir uma porta para o mundo incluindo todos os personagens, todos os lugares, todas as idéias e todos os sentimentos. É só o começo de uma caminhada.
One of the largest and most acclaimed professional theatre companies in the metro Washington, DC area, Round House Theatre is led by Producing Artistic Director Blake Robison, who joined the company in June 2005. Based in Montgomery County, Maryland, Round House Theatre produces nearly 200 theatrical performances each season at its 400-seat Bethesda theatre and 150-seat black box theatre in Silver Spring. The company operates an education center in Silver Spring and annually reaches over 40,000 patrons there and across the region with strong educational programs.
Em 1963 foi inaugurado o Teatro Ruth Escobar, de propriedade da atriz Ruth Escobar, que, graças ao apoio obtido junto à colônia portuguesa, conseguiu levantar um admirável complexo arquitetônico, voltado para a realização de atividades culturais de todas as espécies.
A montagem de estréia foi "A Ópera dos Três Vinténs", de Bertolt Brecht, sob a direção de José Renato, configurando, desde o início, o caráter revolucionário desta casa de espetáculos.
Em 8 de março de 1979, era inaugurado o teatro Villa-Lobos, com a presença do governador do Estado, Floriano Faria Lima e Adolpho Bloch (1908-1995), então presidente da Funarj. Com três unidades cênicas – o teatro e duas salas Monteiro Lobato (Espaço II) e Arnaldo Niskier (Espaço III) –, preserva a característica de receber espetáculos inéditos e trabalhos experimentais nos espaços anexos.
A escolha do nome para o teatro foi uma homenagem ao maestro Heitor Villa-Lobos, um dos maiores compositores brasileiros, autor de mais de mil músicas. Compôs peças de vários gêneros - concertos, sinfonias, suítes, quartetos de cordas, sonatas, arranjos para coro, peças para pequenos conjuntos e grande orquestra. Com maestria conseguiu mesclar o folclore brasileiro com a música de concerto européia.